Diving into a Greek Salad should be as much fun as diving into a pile of leaves. So cast caution to the wind, don’t get too hung up on measurements, and create your own personal autumn masterpiece.
You’ll need enough …
· Romaine lettuce to fill your favourite bowl
· Chopped bell peppers to help your heart
· Chopped cucumbers to get some vitamin K, and Bs
· Diced or sliced red onion to add spice
· Kalamata olives to honour the masterful growers in Greece
· Colourful little tomatoes to get your Fall on
· Feta cheese to pair with your go-to light red wine
To make enough dressing for a large bowl: Whisk together 6 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice or red wine vinegar (or more if you like tang), 1-2 garlic cloves minced, 1 tsp of dried oregano, and freshly ground black pepper to taste. If you've made a smaller bowl of salad, no worries, extra dressing can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
Toss all salad ingredients together in a bowl. Add dressing. Gently toss again. Dive in.